Shane Hodge talks with Jason Barnard about make your website a booking and buying machine.
Shane Hodge is a globetrotter, speaker, high performance sales and marketing professional, motivator, chef, non-technical expert, motorcyclist and 10-year CEO/co-founder of TheCamel.co, a digital agency in the Philippines that is a global fulfilment partner for Duda agencies around the world, designs and builds sensational websites, does technical development and is a Google partner providing digital marketing services.
In this day and age, people will research on the web before they buy anything. As a business owner, it is therefore very important to have a website where customers or potential customers can find out about the product or service you offer. Websites can be more than just a “customer attraction programme” and you can absolutely make your website a booking and buying engine for your business.
This entertaining and insightful episode with Shane Hodge and Jason Barnard offers incredible tips on how to effectively convert prospects into buyers on your website. From call-to-actions that actually work, to text and colour, to where in a page you should place customer reviews and testimonials, to the best way you can highlight features and benefits of the products and services you offer… and how to ensure your potential client understands at a glance “why they should buy from you”. Last (HUGE) point: when you are creating a website, think about who you are designing it for.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Shane delightfully passes the virtual baton to next week’s brilliant guest, Joseph S. Khan… with a song!
What you’ll learn from Shane Hodge
- 00:00 Shane Hodge and Jason Barnard
- 00:46 Shane Hodge’s Brand SERP
- 01:12 TheCamel.co’s Brand SERP
- 01:30 Duda’s Knowledge Panel in the US
- 01:56 Kalicube’s Knowledge Panel and Brand SERP Support Group
- 02:20 Website Builder: Duda Vs WordPress
- 04:49 Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR’s 25,000 Word Review of Kalicube Pro
- 05:58 Team Kalicube
- 07:49 How to Make Your Website a Booking and Buying Machine
- 08:00 The Importance of Call-to-Action to Any Website
- 08:30 What Role Does a Website Really Perform for a Business
- 09:08 How Social Media has Changed the Way We Look at Website Content
- 10:06 How to Convince Business Owners to Stop Trying to be Pixel Perfect with Their Website
- 11:11 Who Should You Design your Website for?
- 12:24 Where is the Ideal Place for Customer Reviews on a Website?
- 13:40 Effective Website Page Structure
- 13:48 Highlighting Features and Benefits
- 17:30 Distinguish Your Own Personality from Your Brand’s Personality
- 20:48 Are Website Text and Color Important to a Customer’s Booking and Buying Decision
- 22:16 Shane Hodge’s Tips for Including Call to Actions on a Website
- 26:42 How to Effectively Filter Potential Clients on a Website
- 30:46 Passing the Baton: Shane Hodge to Joseph S. Khan
This episode was recorded live on video November 8th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>