Carrie Rose talks with Jason Barnard about why SEO could be more reactive and short term.
Carrie Rose is a British entrepreneur who has over 7 years of experience in SEO. She is the co-founder and CEO of Rise at Seven, a creative search agency launched in June 2019. She is 28 years old and started her business at the age of 26. Carrie has won several awards for her creative campaigns and digital PR executions including awards such as 2020’s Campaign Magazines 30 under 30, Rising star – Content Marketing Association, Best Campaign within Travel at the UK Search Awards 2018.
Consumer search behavior is massively influenced by various drivers, including what’s in-the-headlines and on-trend on social media platforms like Tiktok and Instagram, and various channels like TV and Netflix. If you can spot these trends, it is a great idea to push SEO using fast and reactive PR and content marketing.
In this episode, Carrie Rose shares her approach to tracking trends in searches. She then explains the two sides of search: the facilitators (SEO, content & PPC) and the drivers of search (TV, Netflix, and Tiktok). Carrie explains how to get more people to search for a product by focusing on users’ live search behavior using trend-tracking tools like Google Trends. Jason Barnard, with his Brand-SERP obsession, takes the discussion to dig into how brands can drive brand search volume, or “Pull Searches” as John Mueller from Google calls them. But the big question here is: how can all of this help a small scale business?
As always the show ends with passing the Baton…Carrie Rose sweetly passes over to next week’s awesome guest, Tim Soulo.
What you’ll learn from Carrie Rose
- 00:00 Carrie Rose and Jason Barnard
- 00:26 Julia Nesterets’ Message of Gratitude in Support of Ukraine
- 01:50 Kalicube Tuesdays’ 100th Episode Celebration
- 02:31 Ahrefs Prize winners
- 04:48 Carrie Rose’s Brand SERP and Knowledge Panel
- 05:17 A Brief Overview of Rise at Seven (Carrie’s Company)
- 06:51 Reactive SEO: Fast-tracking With an Eye Toward Short-term and Long-term Results
- 07:31 How User’s Behavior is Changing PR and Content Marketing
- 07:46 Weather Often Affects User Searches
- 07:58 Consumers’ Search Behavior During the COVID Pandemic
- 08:40 Why Some Google My Business Knowledge Panels Disappeared During Pandemic
- 09:40 Carrie Rose’s Two Sides of Search
- 09:46 Who are the Facilitators of Search?
- 10:12 Who are the Drivers of Search?
- 11:36 How Carrie Rose Tracks Different Drivers of Search and Its Consumers’ Search Behavior
- 17:41 How to Get People to Search for Brand Plus Keyword
- 21:28 How Can Smaller Brands Drive Search for Their Brand, Topics and Products
- 28:00 Carrie Rose’s Trend Searching Tools Preference
- 33:20 Passing the Baton: Carrie Rose to Tim Soulo
This episode was recorded live on video March 15th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>