Georgios Chasiotis talks with Jason Barnard about how to build & maintain topical authority.
Georgios Chasiotis is the Managing Director of MINUTTIA, which helps B2B SaaS companies accelerate their organic growth through data-driven content marketing and SEO. Georgios Chasiotis started as an independent marketing consultant, but was soon put on the path to start an agency. The goal: to build a team and scale a business by using his knowledge and experience to develop successful systems and processes. This path led to MINUTTIA, where Georgios realises his vision of content and SEO systems that rely heavily on strategy and avoid short-term tactics to achieve repeatable and scalable success for companies of different industries and sizes. In his spare time, he shares wisdom on LinkedIn or buries his head in psychology books to understand the “why” of human behaviour.
Chasing keywords by covering a multitude of different topics for content writing can be really tempting. But there are more than enough topics for businesses to write about in their niche, and sticking to your core niche is the best way to improve topical authority. In order for your brand to dominate the SERPs in your industry, you need to develop topical authority – and that means keeping focus on your expertise in your niche.
In this episode, Georgios Chasiotis and Jason Barnard dive deep into the rabbit hole of topical authority. What is topical authority? How can we measure topical authority? What are the best tips and tricks for writing content that builds topical authority? And how do you know which brands have topical authority on a particular topic?
To feed your curiosity further, here are some other amazing insights Georgios shares: topical breadth, topical depth, internal topical authority, and external topical authority. And finally, how often you should write content (publishing velocity) to quickly build your authority in your niche without compromising the quality of your content.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Georgios charmingly hands over to next week’s delightful guest Heba Ashour.
What you’ll learn from Georgios Chasiotis
- 00:00 Georgios Chasiotis and Jason Barnard
- 00:27 Myroslav Khmarskiy’s Message in Support of the Ukrainian Economy
- 01:47 Georgios Chasiotis’ Brand SERP
- 04:30 What is Topical Authority?
- 05:33 Can Deviating from Your Niche Harm Topical Authority?
- 10:28 What is Topical Authority Breadth?
- 11:20 What is Topical Authority Depth?
- 12:29 Dominating a Specific Topic VS Dominating a Specific Keyword
- 19:25 Examples of Google Associating a Topic with a Brand
- 21:34 The Importance of Internal Linking and Anchor Text on Links
- 22:50 External Topical Authority
- 24:11 Tips and Tricks for Writing Content That Builds Internal Topical Authority
- 26:21 How Important is the Wording of H tags?
- 29:28 Publishing Velocity: How Often Should You Write Content?
- 32:18 Passing the Baton: Georgios Chasiotis to Heba Ashour
This episode was recorded live on video June 7th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>