Andrew Holland talks with Jason Barnard about the value of SEO.
Andrew Holland is a well-known voice in the field of search engine optimisation (SEO). His story starts in the police, takes a detour to the British Boxing Board of Control and currently sees him as Head of Organic at Manchester SEO agency Embryo. Andrew’s perspective on search engine optimisation is based on his knowledge and deep understanding of the consumer journey, search intent, The Messy Middle and Behavioural Psychology. After hearing what Andrew has to say, your view of marketing and how you use it to increase sales could change forever.
There is no immediate and definitive timeframe for visible results in SEO. It takes time, a lot of effort and ultimately, hard work. All too often, SEO is either forgotten or seen as standalone by companies in their digital marketing strategies. But what if SEO itself is brand marketing? Quite interesting!
In this digitalised world, search engines like Google are the first port of call for information for clients of any business. That makes Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo and others key. With the visibility SEO provides, the brand awareness it builds, the wealth of audience insights SEO offers … that means it has enormous power as part of a brand marketing strategy.
Andrew Holland and Jason Barnard discuss the value of SEO at length in this amazing episode, including Andrew’s fantastic Behavioural Science analogy to branding.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Andrew groovily turns over to next week’s lovely guest, Pamela Wilson.
What you’ll learn from Andrew Holland
- 00:00 Andrew Holland and Jason Barnard
- 02:21 Andrew Holland’s Brand SERP
- 03:20 Organic Vs SEO
- 04:39 Andrew Holland’s View on SEO
- 05:38 Seth Godin – Andrew Holland’s Favourite Marketer
- 07:29 Creating Content while Providing Opportunities to Think Differently
- 10:12 How Does SEO Become Brand Marketing
- 10:47 Brand Marketing and Direct Advertising – What is the Differnece?
- 12:43 Behavioral Science and Branding
- 15:38 What is Google’s Messy Middle?
- 16:14 Internal Trigger of Online Purchase
- 16:29 External Trigger of Online Purchase
- 18:19 Product Knowledge Panels
- 21:12 The Value of SEO for Brand Marketing
- 27:32 Passing the Baton: Andrew Holland to Pamela Wilson
This episode was recorded live on video July 19th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>