Brie Anderson talks with Jason Barnard about data driven SEO and always be testing.
Brie Anderson works with companies around the world as a digital marketing analyst, strategist, speaker, lecturer and consultant. She is a tinkerer who began her journey by following her favorite bands on MySpace and learning to code at the age of 13. Brie now owns BEAST Analytics, a digital marketing consulting service, and writes for publications such as Moz and Search Engine Journal.
Collecting and analysing data is fun, and it’s paramount that you first set your goal – where to start and what to look for. Who would not do that, right? Turns out a lot of companies!
Brie Anderson’s data-driven Beast Cycle is the star of this episode. Google Analytics co-stars. Brie shares insights into how to measure, what to measure, how to analyse and includes quite a few handy hints on how you can use Google Analytics 4. Perhaps the highlight is Brie’s practical tips for curious digging.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… the super brilliant Brie Anderson passes the virtual baton to next week’s delightful guest, Judith Lewis.
What you’ll learn from Brie Anderson
- 00:00 Brie Anderson and Jason Barnard
- 01:47 Brie Anderson’s Brand SERP
- 04:52 Brie Anderson’s Focus on SEO
- 05:35 First Things to Think About When Collecting Data
- 06:12 What Data Will be Important for Whom?
- 07:04 Why Tracking Your Conversions and Goals Important
- 08:00 Google Analytics’ Smart Goals – Good or Bad Idea?
- 08:48 Trying and Tracking Your Steps to Your Goal
- 11:05 Google Analytics Vs Adobe Analytics
- 12:47 Google Analytics 4: Handy Hints
- 17:27 Universal Analytics Versus Google Analytics 4
- 20:03 Demographic Data – What is Brie Anderson’s Focus?
- 21:38 Deep Data Diving Tips and Tricks
- 23:19 How to Test and Measure Analytics
- 26:18 Passing the Baton: Brie Anderson to Judith Lewis
This episode was recorded live on video February 08th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>