George Kapernaros talks with Jason Barnard about the key to retention for E-commerce.
George Kapernaros holds a bachelor’s degree in political science and international relations from the most prestigious university in Greece. He started his career in content marketing at Smarter Chains (an Industry 4.0 tech startup founded by former Procter & Gamble executives). In 2018, he joined Divbrands (bootstrapped e-commerce startup) as a direct response / performance copywriter. He was the company’s third contractor. Within two years, Divbrands grew to over 100 employees and contractors, and he rose to Head of Copy, Marketing Manager, and eventually Marketing Director of the company. In late 2020, he felt an irresistible urge to pursue new ventures and left Divbrands to begin his entrepreneurial journey. To this day, he maintains a great, consultative relationship with Divbrands.
Attracting new customers in the ecommerce space is becoming increasingly difficult because advertising costs are extremely high, and continue to rise. And as more marketers join this growing area of business and competition increases, getting clients to buy more than once is also increasingly a challenge.
Customer retention sounds simple, but it takes more than just a plan to get customers to buy once, buy twice, and buy again. Building customer trust, quality products and post-service communication are critical. Plus the type of products your company sells will define the strategies you need to implement.
George Kapernaros discusses a whole host of tactics and strategies for your ecommerce business in this wonderful episode. And he shares incredible email marketing tips that will help with retention and vastly improve your ecommerce marketing strategy.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… George Kapernaros passes over the virtual baton to next week’s groovy guest, Austin Armstrong.
What you’ll learn from George Kapernaros
- 00:00 George Kapernaros and Jason Barnard
- 01:15 George Kapernaros’ Brand SERP
- 02:35 Google My Business Looks Like a Knowledge Panel
- 05:26 How Hard is it to Earn Ecommerce Customers?
- 05:50 What is Retention in Ecommerce?
- 07:07 The Most Common Misconception about Customer Retention
- 07:37 How Customer Retention Differs from One Company to Another
- 08:15 How Do Product Types Determine Customer Retention?
- 14:10 Email Marketing Strategies for Better Retention
- 19:20 The Importance of Email Communication for Ecommerce Marketing
- 21:00 What Impact Does a Personalised Text Email Have on an Ecommerce Marketing Strategy?
- 24:06 George Kapernaros’ Ecommerce Marketing Tips
- 25:50 How Discounts and Special Offers Influence an Ecommerce Marketing Strategy
- 28:03 Passing the Baton: George Kapernaros to Austin Armstrong
This episode was recorded live on video August 9th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>