Koray Tuğberk Gübür talks with Jason Barnard about understanding semantic SEO.
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR is the founder and owner of Holistic SEO & Digital and has been doing SEO for more than 6 years. Today, he is a holistic SEO expert who learns a lot from Bill Slawski and a contributor to leading SEO online publications such as OnCrawl, JetOctopus and Authoritas. Koray also speaks at SEO events and on webinars about Semantic SEO and Search, Core Algorithm Updates, and more.
Matching the best possible documents to provide the most helpful answer or solution to the user’s query has always been (and will always be) the search engines’ goal.
For the first years of the Internet, search engines had a lexical approach, but now they are what Koray calls semantic search engines. And, if they are to keep up with the algorithms, that means SEO practitioners need to pivot and have a semantic approach to their work.
In this podcast episode, Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR joins Jason Barnard for a super geeky and fascinating discussion of Semantic SEO, what it means, what work needs to be done and how to properly use and apply our understanding of it to our websites.
Koray takes the discussion further and also explains many concepts and practicalities of how the algorithms function, citing multiple patents and experiments. Amazing insights!
This is a super fun, interesting and interactive episode with a lot of juicy information on how you can charm Google now that it has “gone semantic” 😉
How to create content hubs using the knowledge graph https://wordlift.io/blog/en/content-hub-seo/
Articles by Koray https://www.holisticseo.digital/
What you’ll learn from Koray Tuğberk Gübür
- 00:00 Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR with Jason Barnard
- 01:45 Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR – Brand SERP and video verticals
- 03:24 Understanding Semantic SEO (Overview)
- 03:59 What is semantic SEO?
- 4:35 – 7:00 Are Web Users Markovian?
- 8:30 – 9:35 Unknown Entities and Open Information Retrieval
- 10:45 – 13:15 Candidate Passage Answers
- 14:38 – 16:46 Core Algorithm Updates and Relevance Paths
- 17:37 – 18:20 Lexical Semantics and Synonyms
- 25:50 – 26:35 Semantic Relations
- 27:00 – 29:25 Understanding Semantic Search Engine
- 29:00 – 30:48 Cost of Retrieving
- 37:45 – 36:00 Click Satisfaction Models
- 36:00 – 36:25 Possible Answer Seeking Routes
- 36:38 – 38:20 Query Path
- 38:30 – 39:33 Re-ranking Tests
- 40:00 – 42:00 Humor and Semantics
- 42:00:43:00 Product Review, Sentiments and Authenticity
This episode was recorded live on video November 16th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>