Mike King talks with Jason Barnard about the value of content engineering.
Michael King is the Director at iPullRank which is a leading New York content marketing SEO agency. With 14 years of digital marketing experience and 25 years in web development, he has led the SEO campaigns of some of the world’s leading brands: LG, Citi and Cartier.
In this episode, Michael King shares his unique procedure for content engineering that seamlessly stitches together technical SEO, content and marketing … a large step outside traditional SEO.
Mike explains his thinking behind the term and dives into the techniques and subtleties of content engineering. He gives a new, more practical twist to the ever-so-common SEO phrase “it depends”. For once, “it depends” has helpful reasoning behind it.Listen now and take your SEO game to the next level!
What you’ll learn from Mike King
- 00:00 Mike King with Jason Barnard
- 01:02 Michael King’s Brand SERP across multiple countries
- 03:10 What does content engineering mean?
- 04:29 Requirements of a content engineering package
- 06:07 Content engineering comes from reverse engineering
- 07:28 Packaging content for the target personas
- 10:22 How to create a content engineering brief
- 14:01 Content should be written by copywriters, not SEOs
- 16:37 How to content-engineer image and video content
- 18:54 iPullRank’s concept of 10x content
- 19:32 Thinking through the concept plan, information plan and IAA components
- 23:46 How does content engineering work at scale?
- 27:12 What are the research techniques for a great content engineering strategy?
- 31:40 Huge jump in rankings outside the traditional SEO bubble
- 35:07 Improving rankings with topical authority
This episode was recorded live on video November 30th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>