Sarah Sennett talks with Jason Barnard about digital strategies for unpredictable audiences
Sarah Sennett is a specialist in digital strategy and currently the Head of Agency Marketing at Swanky, a leading Shopify Plus Partner agency.
This is a spectacularly interesting episode: Sarah and Jason talked about the changes in audience behavior the pandemic brought, looking at the temporary nature of some and the permanent nature of others. Oh, and the hurdles and opportunities they present to digital marketers.
Sarah also gives her insights about the future that faces us as marketers in a cookieless world with increasingly restrictive walled gardens imposed by Big Tech. She suggests that life is about to get very tough for data-driven marketers, but also offers ideas for opportunities through switching focus to brand.
Listen in and you’ll get both a super-smart analysis of the difficulties we face, but also boatloads of tips, tricks, ideas and opportunities for chat you can do, and where to focus your branding efforts… and so much more!
What you’ll learn from Sarah Sennett
- 00:00 Sarah Sennett and Jason Barnard
- 00:55 Sarah Sennett’s Brand SERP and knowledge panel
- 02:03 Will Kalicube Tuesdays still carry on even after the pandemic?
- 06:05 Changes in purchasing behavior during the pandemic
- 11:14 Industries that will contract when the pandemic ends
- 12:55 People are willing to pay more and are less sensitive to price
- 14:30 The horrors of unpredictable behavior to digital strategists, is it time to give up?
- 17:36 Sarah Sennett’s insights of the “cookieless future”
- 19:00 Are Big Tech protecting user’s privacy or pushing walled gardens?
- 21:07 What does this mean for push and pull technology?
- 24:14 The need to focus on brand loyalty and branded queries
- 27:30 What will continue to work and what won’t for content marketers?
- 29:47 Making use of the data you have in a cookieless world
- 34:55 Short term and long term strategies for unpredictable audiences
This episode was recorded live on video May 25th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>