Hannah Thorpe talks with Jason Barnard about strategy, tactics, and “getting stuff done”.
Hannah Thorpe is the Managing Director at Verkeer Digital, and has over eight years of search experience having devised and managed a range of successful online campaigns for large brands. She is a technical SEO tactics specialist and has experience speaking at conferences and events, as well as blogging for multiple other sites in the industry.
One of the most delightful episodes in this quarter! Hannah and Jason talked about the fun behind intelligent laziness as well as combining and recycling strategies suited for a specific market.
Hannah shares invaluable insights about client-SEO agency relationship: what works, what could the both parties be doing, why the strategies fail, the ideal presentation of the strategy framework to clients and so much more!
What you’ll learn from Hannah Thorpe
- 00:00 Hannah Thorpe and Jason Barnard
- 02:42 Hannah Thorpe in the Knowledge Graph
- 05:16 How does intelligent laziness work?
- 07:14 Tailoring a templated strategy
- 08:55 How to create a blue pond from the purple ocean
- 10:53 You need a unique combination of strategies for each client
- 12:48 Example of strategic pillars from Hannah Thorpe
- 14:19 Ranking a keyword with high search volume
- 15:57 Presenting the pillars, strategies and tactics to your clients
- 18:44 What is a spider trap in Google?
- 21:48 Anyone who sets an exact date in SEO results is a liar
- 23:25 How do you save time for your clients and yourself?
- 25:34 The hardest part in executing a strategy
- 29:46 The mutual benefit working together: Sharing the pains and wins
- 33:43 How to respond to Google updates and client’s rant about it
- 35:06 Industries most impacted in 10th of June update
- 37:29 Is “Serve your users” an empty phrase?
This episode was recorded live on video June 15th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>