Andy Crestodina talks with Jason Barnard about managing personal reputation in search
Andy Crestodina is the Chief Marketing Officer and Co-Founder of Orbit Media Studios, Inc. He’s been working on the web since he was terribly young and is now a business person who (and I quote) “does marketing as well as marketing-related activities in his company where they make internet web pages for other companies”.
Optimising your Personal Brand SERP is a big part of managing your personal reputation online. Every time your name appears in a meeting, conference or even if someone tags you in a post, people will tend to spend a minute of their time searching for your name in Google. Guess what? These users searching for your name are interested in who you are and what you do and you only have a minute of their time to make an impression. So what? So, rank a page you fully control at the top of that SERP!
Andy and Jason cover:
– The ways to outrank your social profiles on your SERP.
– The perfect schema for the perfect bio page.
– What you can do to drown negative results attached to your name.
… and more!
If you’re a thought leader, a PR, CEO, someone accountable for your brand’s image or just a personal SEO nerd, this is the Kalicube Tuesdays episode for you!
What you’ll learn from Andy Crestodina
- 00:00 Andy Crestodina and Jason Barnard
- 01:37 Kalicube Tuesdays knowledge panel
- 01:57 Jason and Andy’s Personal Brand SERP
- 03:07 How to manage your personal reputation
- 05:30 It takes ten minutes a month to polish a Personal Brand SERP
- 08:49 First, optimise your LinkedIn bio and bio on your own website
- 12:05 Can you just copy-paste what’s on your LinkedIn into your bio page?
- 12:54 How to ensure your bio page outranks LinkedIn
- 13:33 The personal SEO philosophy
- 14:55 Schema tags for your bio pages
- 17:17 Pushing down negative results with social profiles
- 20:46 How does social media affect SEO?
- 24:28 Tricks for triggering a knowledge panel for a person
- 27:36 Knowledge panel enhancement opportunities
- 31:49 How to trigger video boxes on your Personal Brand SERP
This episode was recorded live on video June 1st 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>