Dawn Anderson talks with Jason Barnard about detecting co-occurrence confusion
Dawn Anderson is the Director at Bertey Agency and an SEO Strategy Consultant by heart. She’s a digital marketing lecturer and international conference speaker sharing technical SEO and digital marketing strategies.
Though strategies are moving away from keywords, we still need words to be found in search. In this episode, Dawn Anderson and Jason Barnard dive deep into Google’s natural language understanding and look at the confusions inherent in web content and the solutions Google is finding to the massive problem of ‘understanding a confused web’.
What you’ll learn from Dawn Anderson
- 00:00 Dawn Anderson and Jason Barnard
- 00:48 Kalicube Tuesdays knowledge panel is growing
- 01:19 Dawn Anderson’s Brand SERP
- 02:38 Detecting Co-Occurrence Confusion
- 04:11 Does overly complex schema markup help or hinder the machine?
- 06:19 Get the fundamentals right first before being ambitious
- 08:27 The good in one target per intent content
- 09:39 On your homepage – keep the message simple
- 12:27 What is co-occurrence confusion?
- 13:40 Similarities between BERT and MUM
- 18:37 Hashing and hamming search queries
- 21:03 Google uses expensive processes sparingly (don’t imagine MUM is everywhere)
- 22:44 Cannibalisation in topical crossover
- 25:14 Writing with clarity and creating clear context clouds
- 31:09 How hard is it to get away from Google legacy signals?
This episode was recorded live on video June 8th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>