Liraz Postan talks with Jason Barnard about connecting UX with SEO.
Liraz Postan is an International SEO Expert and has been in the industry for more than 12 years. She’s a leading SEO and content strategy consultant for international corporations. When you’re thinking of hitting an organic presence and outranking the competition, she’s the best person to approach 😉 She’s also a speaker at international conferences such as Semrush and BrightonSEO.
A simple and smart navigation design determines the success of both the visitor and search engine website experience. In this episode, Liraz highlights the importance UX for both SEO and the wider requirements of a solid digital strategy.
She shares her insights on the main factors that impact user interaction on mobile and desktop and discusses Core Web Vitals, Mobile Friendliness, SSL and Pagespeed as measurements of UX.
You’ll also get tips in striking the right balance between the needs of SEO and UX and some ways to effectively analyze on-site user experience! Beyond that, she encourages us to focus on quality user-centric content that makes visitors want to stay and engage.
If you are a website owner, an SEO, or simply curious to learn more about digital marketing, this episode is for you. Ooooh, you can send this to your UX design team too 😉
What you’ll learn from Liraz Postan
- 00:00 Liraz Postan and Jason Barnard
- 01:21 Liraz Postan’s Brand SERP and knowledge graph ID result
- 02:03 Kalicube Friends in the Knowledge Graph
- 02:54 Can we build a knowledge panel from a KGID?
- 04:10 Connecting UX with SEO
- 08:19 Minimising functionalities on mobile – UX designing
- 10:27 Over-optimising website before they’re ready
- 13:53 Not paying attention to UX is a big SEO mistake
- 16:23 Finding the balance between content and presentation
- 18:28 Pop ups – good or bad?
- 22:14 Using focus groups to analyse a website’s UX
- 24:15 How useful are heatmaps for getting insights into UX for a website?
- 25:26 Liraz Postan’s considerations in UX planning
- 28:40 Query satisfaction and bad UX signals
- 31:48 Google updates using UX as a ranking signal
This episode was recorded live on video June 22nd 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>