Jeff Coyle talks with Jason Barnard about the risks and rewards of AI-generated content.
Jeff Coyle is a data-driven search engine marketing executive and the Co-founder and Chief Product Officer for MarketMuse. He is focused on helping content marketers, search engine marketers, agencies and e-commerce managers build topical authority, improve content quality and turn semantic research into actionable insights.
Today, producing large amounts of content is easier than ever with the help of AI. However, generated data alone combined with lazy editing would be a mistake and could kill your content strategy.
Used intelligently, AI-generated content is a great support for us as content creators and an astonishing time-saver. It pre fills the blank sheet to give us a kick start. It provides the key points that need to be made to satisfy the user. From that foundation, it is easy for a good writer to efficiently create better content that is more valuable to the target audience. But beware! There are pitfalls, and caveats and danger lies ahead for those who of who misuse the technology!
In this delightful episode, Jeff Coyle shares his amazing insights and the risks digital marketers face with AI-generated content. He also shares MarketMuse’s fantastic learning ability to copy a writing style and produce original content!
This episode also covers how we should choose and use the AI tools, what will happen to the content produced by this technology when search engines update and what to look forward to in the era of this game-changing technology.
What you’ll learn from Jeff Coyle
- 00:00 Jeff Coyle and Jason Barnard
- 01:12 MarketMuse’s Brand SERP
- 06:06 The Risks and Rewards of AI-generated Content
- 08:05 Well-built language models are more than just spinning content
- 10:12 Can you just use the content the machine produces?
- 15:32 Making AI-generated content sound more human
- 18:45 Can AI copy the writing style of a particular person?
- 22:09 Overstretching the use of AI
- 24:47 How would I use AI-generated content to help me?
- 26:07 How easy is it to write an article from a transcript?
- 28:24 Throughput authors versus the All Stars
- 32:03 Will this mass production of content on the web trigger another Panda?
- 36:25 Authoritativeness recalculation of content: What will happen to the writing networks in the future of AI-generated content?
- 39:06 Using AI-generated content to create original and helpful content
This episode was recorded live on video July 20th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>