Melinda Byerley talks with Jason Barnard about marketing strategies (that work).
Melinda Byerley has 20 years of experience in marketing, having worked with multi-billion dollar companies like eBay and PayPal. She has seen trends come and go, and how the industry changes and adapts — There are timeless principles in marketing that always work… the four P’s in the Marketing Mix should always be a key component in your strategy. Reminder to self : Product, Price, Placement, Promotion.
Melinda explains what motivates people to make a decision, how certain types of content cause strong reactions, and how it all ties into human psychology.
We also discuss how we should adapt our content strategy in the age of social media and how crucial it is to choose the right platforms.
What you’ll learn
- 00:35 Kalicube Tuesdays 2020
- 01:10 Melinda’s Brand SERP
- 04:04 A quick game of knowledge graph hopping
- 05:54 Jason’s beginnings in marketing
- 07:14 The importance of Product in the Marketing Mix
- 08:55 Google has evolved — SEO can’t be your only strategy anymore
- 12:10 The timeless marketing principles that always work
- 18:25 The importance of adapting your content to your audience’s degree of expertise and needs
- 23:38 Helping Google to trust you so you can rank for the queries you want
- 25:57 The goal is to rank for your Brand name, but what about Google’s perception of your brand?
- 28:22 Has Google adapted its algorithm to the rise of social media, relying on social signals to drive certain content’s popularity?
- 31:17 How certain type of content ties into human psychology
- 33:13 Different social media platforms are suitable for different audiences
- 36:26 The importance of social media on our content strategy
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video January 6th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>