Eric Schwartzman talks with Jason Barnard about press visibility
What a blast this one was. The rather delightful Eric Schwartzman has 20 years of experience as a Digital Marketing Consultant and Digital Transformation Advisor, so you can imagine the amazing nuggets of wisdom he shared with us.
He explains the best ways to break a story and explains how he leverages enormous visibility for relatively unknown companies through earned media.
In the second half, Eric explains his strategy to get featured on top topically-focussed industry websites… and how you can push your own sites above media outlets in Google with solid SEO.
What you’ll learn from Eric Schwartzman
- 00:00 Eric Schwartzman and Jason Barnard
- 00:10 Eric’s Brand SERP
- 01:27 Eric’s Knowledge Panel
- 02:00 How did Eric become a digital marketing coach
- 03:47 The evolution of PR over the years
- 08:07 The power of earned media
- 09:37 How Eric got a small company noticed on the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, through earned media
- 13:48 How to break a story in the current climate, where public gatherings are limited
- 18:25 A plan of action to get featured on the top sites of an industry
- 22:59 How Eric would pitch Jason “The Brand SERP Guy” to get featured on a top website
- 28:27 The distinction between the op-ed and the news coverage aspect on a media outlet
- 30:18 Eric’s strategy to feature a veterinarian on a top industry website
- 35:08 Are journalists happy to work with SEOs?
- 37:12 How to make your story discoverable with simple SEO
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video January 13th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>