Lily Ray talks with Jason Barnard about how has Google changed in 2022 and what’s to come.
Lily Ray has over a decade of SEO experience and is currently Sr. Director, SEO & Head of Organic Research at Amsive Digital, where she provides strategic leadership for the agency’s SEO client programs.
In this fantastic episode, Lily and Jason Barnard talk about the Google algorithm updates in 2021, and give some predictions for 2022.
Google algorithm updates are major events in the SEO calendar. 2021 has been especially rich in terms of the sheer number of them, and also the volatility they have caused in the SERPs. It feels like 2021 was a special year. Lily Ray walks us through 2021 and shares stories and insights on dozens of confirmed and unconfirmed updates, product launches, and changes to the SERP in 2021.
Finally, a bonus: You’ll hear Lily’s prediction (something big) of what’s going to happen this coming year 2022.
What you’ll learn from Lily Ray
- 00:00 Lily Ray with Jason Barnard
- 01:05 Lily Ray’s Brand SERP & Knowledge Panel
- 04:54 Thanksgiving, Cyber Monday, Black Friday – a run down on the end of year updates04:54 Thanksgiving, Cyber Monday, Black Friday – a run down on the end of year updates
- 06:10 What type of website(s) will benefit the most from the Product Review update?
- 09:27 Google spam updates in summer 2021
- 10:23 Is Google pushing E-A-T category by category?
- 13:35 Google as a recommender – updates on unhelpful search results
- 15:26 Product Review updates and guidelines
- 18:28 Passage Indexing at the start of 2021
- 21:07 Why User Experience is important for Google
- 22:05 Google Glitches in 2021 – Indexing bug, outage of Search Console, titles…
- 27:15 Machine Learning – “the dance between humans and machines”
- 28:06 The December product review update
- 29:50 Are Google Core updates industry-specific?
- 33:56 The June and July Google updates
- 35:27 Dictionary sites were winners in summer 2021
- 36:12 The single biggest takeaway from the 2021 updates
- 39:32 Lily Ray’s Predictions for 2022
This episode was recorded live on video December 14th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>