Olesia Korobka talks with Jason Barnard image SEO tricks and tweaks
Olesia Koroba is an SEO, entrepreneur, and founder of Fajela, a site dedicated to the SEO community and knowledge sharing.
This is a particularly insightful practical episode where Olesia reveals some effective image SEO strategies in the context of entity-based search – invaluable for photobloggers, and anyone interested in ranking their pages with their images.
Google will recognize any new photo belonging to an entity, provided you add context and metadata to it. That’s great news because, not only you can prevent your images from being stolen, but it also brings wider ranking, visibility, branding and link-building opportunities.
You will learn the easiest way to implement a wide range of advanced strategies and tricks, and take your image SEO game to the next level.
What you’ll learn from Olesia Korobka
- 00:00 Olesia Korobka with Jason Barnard
- 00:50 Olesia’s Brand SERP
- 02:37 Google’s understanding of entities in images
- 06:42 How to rank on Google with images
- 13:11 Common errors in image SEO
- 15:35 The importance of your images on your webpage ranking
- 17:56 Does Google penalize ranking because of an unoptimized image?
- 19:08 How to correctly place an image on a page
- 20:34 Using stock photos with proper metadata to rank
- 22:57 Uploading an image the correct way
- 24:35 Google SafeSearch Detection
- 29:50 A few other tricks and tweaks
- 32:10 Associated entities in the image vertical
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video April 27th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>