Neal Schaffer with Jason Barnard at Kalicube Tuesdays
Neal Schaffer talks to Jason Barnard about influencer marketing.
There’s a lot of buzz around influencer marketing right now. Even I hear it! Neal explains what is happening, with a particular focus on social media. Awesome !
We start with a conversation about drummers, then quickly get onto the topic we initially intended to talk about: influencer marketing. First thing an influencer should do is optimise their personal Brand SERP. They need to own that Google result.
Next, social media marketing. Social media is all about being personal, relatable and emotional. Remember, social media was made for people and brands are trespassing – a brand that uses social as a way to advertise themselves. Which is a mistake. One very interesting fact about social media that stands out for me is that 90% of people on social are lurkers, 9% are commenters and 1% are content creators.
In short there are billions of people just waiting to consume and interact with great content. So, to become an influencer on social all you need to do is create quality content that is truly relevant to your audience, push it out to them and then collaborate with them. Simple.
What you will learn
- 3:20 that older content sticks to top spot on the SERPs
- 5:40 the sources the trigger knowledge panels for authors
- 7:40 why people outperform brands on social
- 8:30 how small brands can outperform the big players on social
- 10:20 why branded search is so very important
- 12:00 why we have been miseducated about influencer marketing
- 15:10 what are the 6 pillars of digital marketing
- 17:40 who are the influencers you should work with
- 24:50 how rare content creators are
- 26:30 that social media is all about collaboration
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video June 30th 2020
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>