James Mulvany with Jason Barnard at Kalicube Tuesdays
James Mulvany talks to Jason Barnard about podcasting.
Wonderful conversation with James – loads of helpful advice about promoting podcasts (most of which I now need to take), plus some short and enjoyable meanders into some delightful anecdotes
He’s done more podcasting than I have had hot dinners (or something like that). So I will be asking the questions that will get him to help me understand how to better build my podcast audience. And I suspect that will spill over into building an audience around a brand with any type of online content.
What you’ll learn
- 00:08 Introducing James Mulvany
- 01:00 The benefit of live streams and podcasts
- 02:24 Announcing the experiment with WordLift to build a Knowledge Graph
- 04:20 What can you do to bring listeners to your podcast?
- 06:10 How are you measuring your KPI (key performance indicator)?
- 06:30 The use of call to action
- 08:10 What does brand SERP mean?
- 10:10 What does the knowledge panel indicate?
- 10:38 Introducing Radio.co, Podcast.co, Matchmaker.fm
- 12:50 The 30 podcasts within 30 days
- 16:08 Is it worth publishing a podcast on YouTube?
- 16:53 Are short form clips on social media such as LinkedIn and Instagram worth it?
- 18:16 What tools do you use to connect and find followers?
- 20:30 Who are your audience?
- 21:40 The importance of consistency and podcasts
- 23:10 How to gain traction on Google, Apple and Stitcher etc?
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video June 2nd 2020
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>