Ted Rubin with Jason Barnard at Kalicube Tuesdays
Ted Rubin talks to Jason Barnard about RoR (return on relationship).
Ted is famous for his mottos, including ‘Return on Relationship‘ and ‘Be Good to People’. In this conversation, he puts these two together in the rough and tumble world of business, aiming to build an audience that truly engages and is truly relevant to your brand and products.
He is also famous for straight talking, so this is a thoroughly interesting conversation that is a bit out of the ordinary.
Kalicube Tuesdays: Gaining Return on Relationship Whilst Being Good to People. With Ted Rubin.
What you’ll learn
- 00:50 Introducing Ted Rubin
- 01:25 Entity based content models
- 01:45 Linking through Google’s Knowledge Graph
- 02:50 Why does Google not connect someone to a Knowledge graph?
- 03:15 Brand SERP connections
- 04:05 What is Photofy?
- 05:24 The importance of empowering and encouraging employees
- 06:00 When content sharing is okay even when credit isn’t given
- 07:22 How ‘Return on Relationship’ and ‘Be good to People’ are associated to one another
- 08:10 The value of (RoR) Return on Relationship
- 09:40 Building a reputation
- 10:30 (RoR) Return on Relationship contrasting (RoI) Return on Investment
- 11:30 What does family bring to you?
- 14:05 Why do we need to take back the word ‘friend’?
- 14:40 The difference between becoming friends and simply being introduced
- 16:00 How many different categories of friendships are there?
- 16:58 Google Circles and why it failed
- 18:05 Google tries to understand relationships between entities over time
- 18:30 Engagement pushes content onto your Brand SERP
- 19:10 Why engagement helps build a strong relationship
- 20:45 How social media allows you to see how people are engaging with each other
- 21:40 Learning how to communicate knowledgeably
- 23:20 Where do people choose to interact and engage?
- 24:45 The significance of being able to bring entities together
- 25:00 Networking vs. Community building
- 27:50 ‘Be Good to People’ goes beyond simply being nice
Helpful Resources About Gaining Return on Relationship Whilst Being Good to People
- Digital Marketing in 2022… Just Because You Can
- Businesses No Longer Have the Luxury of Compartmentalizing Customer Experience
- VoyageRaleigh Magazine | Raleigh’s Most Inspiring Stories: Meet Ted Rubin
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video July 29th 2020
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>