Jason Fishman with Jason Barnard at Kalicube Tuesdays
Jason Fishman talks with Jason Barnard about crowdfunding (and more specifically how to market your crowdfunding push). Upon defining the two types of crowdfunding, reward-based and equity crowdfunding Jason informs on how to market to acquire investors online and using traditional media.
Jason B initially suggests that 1000 investors @ $1000 each will probably be less of a headache than 1 investor @ $1M. However, Jason F goes on to explain the complexity of keeping 1000 investors informed and happy whilst maintaining a relationship with 1 investor may also be a struggle.
In this episode of the podcast, Jason F explains the ins and outs, tips and tricks to getting traction behind your crowdfunding push. How to correctly utilise social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn) and search engines (Google) to attract returning customers and new investors. Whilst it takes a lot of effort, apparently, he promises it is worthwhile 🙂
What you’ll learn
- 00:09 Introducing Jason Fishman
- 01:33 Controlling your Wikipedia presence
- 02:53 Entering the Knowledge Graph
- 04:13 The two primary types of crowdfunding and who can partake
- 05:53 The three primary filings: Investors, Owners/Users and Reg A+
- 07:15 Reg A+ and equity crowdfunding case study: Brewdog
- 09:14 Can you treat crowdfunding as a marketing push?
- 10:50 1000 investors or just one? Which one is easier to work with?
- 11:56 How you acquire investors
- 13:59 Utilising social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- 17:31 Return on ad spend/return on marketing spend metrics
- 18:24 Who are the targeted audiences on Instagram?
- 20:20 Is Twitter a useful tool for crowdfunding campaigns?
- 21:29 When does Google play a role in attracting investors
- 22:34 Which type of marketing pays the best?
- 24:38 Reward-based crowdfunding needs a strong first day
- 26:00 Will previous success make it easier?
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video September 2nd 2020
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>