April Dunford with Jason Barnard at Kalicube Tuesdays
April Dunford talks with Jason Barnard about how to nail product positioning.
In this podcast, April and Jason talk about how to position both your brand and its products well for your customers. April defines the term positioning and then explains in detail both the 3 styles of positioning in a market and the components of positioning (competitive alternatives, unique attributes, value, customer segments and market category). April goes into depth with Jason on how these components can influence your position and what that means for your business.
What you’ll learn
- 00:06 Introducing April Dunford
- 00:45 April’s Knowledge Panel
- 01:14 How Google decides who to put in the ‘people also search for’ element
- 02:03 April’s Brand SERP
- 03:39 What is the definition of positioning
- 05:12 What is the difference between marketing and positioning?
- 06:44 Who do you position your offers for?
- 08:12 The evolution of a brand’s positioning
- 09:45 How often should you reassess your positioning?
- 11:02 What are the components of positioning?
- 13:30 Thinking about the competitive alternatives
- 15:12 What is the value of a product and why does it matter to the customer?
- 15:37 What is ‘Market category’ in the components of positioning?
- 16:28 The relationship between the components on customer-centric positioning
- 18:00 Positioning of Kalicube’s Brand SERP course
- 20:26 Brand SERP rankings
- 22:22 Controlling your digital footprint
- 23:15 What are the styles on positioning in a market?
- 25:37 Smart glasses as an example of head to head style positioning
- 28:00 The problems inherent in creating a new market
Helpful Resources About How to Nail Product Positioning
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video October 14th 2020
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>