Rich Goldstein with Jason Barnard
I’ll be the first to admit that when I hear the words ‘patenting’ and ‘trademarks’ I don’t get giddy with excitement. In fact, I’d go as far as to say the topic seems boring.
But that’s exactly why I was so happy to speak to the awesome, Rich Goldstein, at the Digital Marketers Australia conference (back when it was possible to do so).
Rich is possibly the only person on the planet that can make the important subject of trademarks and product patenting interesting and fun! Yes, fun!
Rich is the Principal Patent Attorney & Business Coach at Goldstein Patent Law, and the author of the best-selling book The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent. Working with individual inventors, start-ups and executives, as well as speaking at seminars and recording educational videos, Rich has educated thousands of people on the patent process.
I think we can all agree that patents and trademarks can be confusing, especially to entrepreneurs. I’m sure many of us would rather ignore them altogether, but this is misguided. If you disregard the rules, you can be at risk of making costly mistakes.
Rich is here to explain the patent and trademarking processes in simple terms so you can understand your rights and protect your business.
Listen in to learn:
- When you should patent a product
- How much it can cost to patent a product or trademark a brand
- The biggest mistakes people make when it comes to patents
- What it means to develop common-law trademark rights
- Why it pays to do an early trademark registration
- How to trademark a SAAS product
- What defines a trademark violation
- The two main requirements for a patentable product
- Why some patents are strong, and some are weak
- Which classic rock band both Rich and I are fans of